The effects of yoga to one’s mental and physical wellbeing are known to everyone. Recently published experiments have demonstrated that yoga can enhance symptoms of generalised anxiety disorder. You should use breathing exercises and meditation to relieve stress and anxiety. Breathing exercises, meditation and calming exercises can help to improve symptoms of the condition.
Here are few of the best yoga poses for anxiety that you must surely perform on a daily basis.
- Camel pose – Ustarasana or camel pose will help to alleviate tension and increase blood supply across the body. Improved circulation ensures improved delivery of oxygen that will cure the mind and body. Camel pose can help to alleviate tension and increase blood circulation.
- Bridge pose – much like a camel pose, even a bridge pose or a setu bandhasana will enhance the movement of blood in the body. It opens up the front of the spine and the heart, which further helps to relax the mind and relieve tension. Bridge pose can increase the circulation of blood in the body
- Butterfly pose – this is a simple, basic yoga stance that will stretch your inner thighs and spine. Do asana when holding your spine erect, and it can help relieve anxiety, and it can have a relaxing effect on your body.
- Sitting forward bends – Also known as Pashimottanasana, the forward bends will open the back of the legs and the spine. Take deep breaths when doing the pose, and it can help to relieve tension and anxiety.
- Cat cow pose – Marjariasana is one that helps to relieve stress from the spine. This yoga posture can make you more flexible and can also settle you down. Cat cow pose can help to relieve stress from the spine.
- Child’s pose – Also known as balasana, this yoga pose is known to be a calming pose. It can have a rejuvenating effect on the body. Yoga pose may also be used to ease pain in the back and spine. Child’s pose is a common yoga pose for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Bow posture – Dhanurasana or a bow posture gives the body a nice stretch. It opens up the elbows, the chest and the neck and helps to relieve tension from these regions.
These are few of the best yoga poses for anxiety that you must surely perform on a daily basis.